Tuesday 10 December 2013

BSN Putrajaya Night Marathon 2014



4th October 2014?

Last night this news crept into a couple of blogs. One of whom, he knows who he is, I respect highly, as he has been doing this longer than me. The other I just got to know recently. I will be honest and say I have bought plane tickets for Standard Chartered KL Marathon 2014, since I knew it would be run on 12th October. You see this year I didn't consider running SCKLM because I had already signed up for five full marathons. So I thought next year I would give it a go. The plan was for me to run the Putrajaya Night Marathon again, since I had PB in it this year. I honestly didn't think that next year's edition would occur before SCKLM. Now I am in a dilemma. While I want to run both, and I have done this sort of thing while running BIM and RJM this year, however this time around the tougher run (for me) will be SCKLM. I guess a lot of it depends on my fitness level at that time.

A new twist has just entered the running plot. Hari Raya Haji falls on 5th October 2014! That means that whoever runs BSN PNM will most probably have to rush home to shower and then go for Raya prayers a couple of hours later. If that is the case there is a possibility that the race date could be changed to either 11th October or 18th October. What's more TNF Singapore falls on 4th October too. Sometimes I wonder how the organisers come up with the race dates. As it stands I do not believe that two FMs will be run in the same weekend, so close in venue to each other. The logistics of it will be too horrible to imagine. Am positive there will be some runners who will attempt both. Don't look at me. You know who you are! For those who have not run BSN PNM, it was an amazing experience for me, since it was also my first night marathon. Feel free to visit their official website to keep up with the latest news on this marathon.



No comments:

Post a Comment